Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday's Travels

I posted some of the day's pictures with the blog under each one. Temperature was in the 90's today and they are saying it is fall like weather here....I think they are crazy...it is more like summer to me than we have in Alaska! (it is 99 degrees in St. George) First stop of the day was here. I really wish they would open one up in Anchorage but I wonder if the thrill of going to IKEA would be different... Actually, if they would just ship to my house I could be happy! Really hard to buy "carry-on" sizes but I managed a few things.
Bringing a catalog home with me. Sometimes ya just have to sacrifice....
This mural on the antique store was worth a laugh and a picture. We stopped before driving in the store!!!! We saw several pieces of glassware and linens but I was the only one to buy anything and that was a little mailbox with a scale...different than I've seen before.
The traffic is unbelievably busy. We can hear trucks and cars zooming by on the interstate from our hotel room all night long. This section was at a stand still just because of some construction. We used the exit to find some more stores until the traffic was thinned out.

Beautiful mountain ranges surround the city-a little bit different from the Alaskan Range.

Dinner at an Italian Restaurant with Pat's Brother and Sister-in-law. It was nice to see Greg and Lisa again. We're back in the room before dark, packing up and ready to head back to Boise in the morning. It has been a great girls get-away!

No comments:

Post a Comment