Thursday, December 31, 2009

Noontime on New Years Eve

Today is absolutely the brightest sunniest day we've had in a while. I thought I'd go back over to Earthquake Park for pictures- so glad I did- here's why- A pinkish glow in the sky, the water was blue and the mountains are out all white and pretty. McKinley was in full view.
Even downtown was clear and the sun was glowing on the buildings-very picturesque....I was one of about 15 picture takers there-for half hour or so...think I should drive here more often...
Drove home with the sunshine glaring in my eyes and spur of the moment then I turned into Ruth Arcade Park (horse park) near our house and snapped a couple more pictures there.
It was so peaceful out here- didn't seen anyone or any horses but was hoping to.
During the summer this park is busy with riding and horse shows...today it was empty.


Happy New's Eve to Everyone...we are going over to Gene and Vicki's for steaks, baked potatoes, cheese and veggie tray with dill dip, champagne and playing games...We will have a lot of fun even if this is low key for the backyard bunch!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are breathtaking Deb...they are crystal clear and awe inspiring....I love them Deb and you too for that matter....for taking the time and energy to take pictures to post for all us Alaska lovers....Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how gorgeous it was on New Years Eve! I love the photos you take Deb - glad you got some good views from the water :-)

    ReplyDelete