Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pt. Woronzof Views

John and I packed our cameras and loaded the dogs in back of car and off we go... Drove down Elmore to the new Dowling Extension and across to Potter Drive. I was checking out the new location of my hair dresser before my appointment tomorrow morning. Katie was so happy to be going someplace other than the Vet's ....I bet they are saying Let US OUT OF HERE.
Ended up at Earthquake Park and Pt. Woronzof Park for some pictures. It was COLD so these are the only pictures I took....and we left the dogs in the whole time. Saw a couple of nests and one Eagle flying above the coastline.
Alaska Airline had a plane take off and fly over head...We didn't take a picture but after it was way out we said that we should of- the under side of the plane would of filled the whole picture.
Looking toward downtown Anchorage.
Several cars were parked here also, people were reading the newspaper, looking at the view, eating lunch or warming up. It surprised me how many were there doing their thing-nothing?
Glad we ventured out today- next time I will have mittens and hat with me!

2 comments:

  1. A nice Sunday drive...we took the 4 wheeler for a tour on Reese Hill / pipeline preparations. And it did get chilly and dark before we returned. Nat

    ReplyDelete