Saturday, August 1, 2009

Downtown Market

We spend three hours this afternoon at Saturday Market. There are several smaller markets around town but this is the BIG one. The white canopies were needed for shade today. The booths are filled with fresh produce, (Peas are ready) Alaskan souvenirs, beaded jewelry, handmade soaps, clothing etc. A good size crowd wandered through the six rows of "goodies". Recognize the Hilton? and then there are the food aisles ....smells are so dang good it is hard to decide what to have for lunch. Dessert was a much easier choice-Ice Cream on a Stick or Pink Cotton Candy...what do I choose?
We had gyros and shared a picnic table with lady that talked about her trip to Africa. Very interesting....but I'd rather go back to Mexico...and she would "never" go there....
Left market and stopped at Ozarks Porch Sale..Nancy says hello.

2 comments:

  1. The blue sky Deb, its fabulous. Wish I could have been there....looks like fun. But I have to ask, did you get the back deck done? Do I have to come to Anchorage and tie you down? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as of Sunday evening the decks are done... for the weekend. I will paint after work this week on the railing and posts but floors are done. What ever made us think we needed two huge decks? I'm tweeting now also.

    ReplyDelete