Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Scrapbooking for a cure, one photo at a time.

Crop for Cancer is an organized Relay Team for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event. This unique event is organized by a small group of Alaska Women with the common purpose to increase the awareness and support for individuals affected by cancer though out Alaska. This is the first time I've attended Crop for Cancer, a 12- hour scrap booking marathon held at Conoco Phillips Atrium on Saturday, April 10, 2010. Since this is the annual fund raising event, I am registered under the team of Michelle Pokorny. If you would like to support my efforts by making a pledge on-line, go to anchoragerelay.org click search for participant, (Michelle Pokorny) and you will be able to complete your donation. Together we can have the power to help create a world where cancer can no longer claim another year of anyone's life.I will have lots to share and I will post my pictures after the Crop for Cancer on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. You express yourself beautifully Deb...will you be there the full 12 hours? I can't wait to see you pictures after the event...Your border on this blog is so YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda--most all these words came from the American Cancer or Crop For Cancer websites....I can only cut and paste...no credit to me on this one. But I am looking forward to sharing a scrapping table with Dalon, Joey who is currently going through chemo for breast cancer and Colleen a friend of Joey's. And yes we will be there the full 12 hours- unless I leave to meet Chris and Becky for lunch!

    ReplyDelete