Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mother Nature

Must HATE Me....woke up to more snow falling this morning and it has continued ALL day. We have about four inches so far and additional 1-3 more inches predicted. I just heard the Spring Snowstorm Advisory is extended to continue until 8 tonight and the studded tire removal has been extended. Everything that was down to bare is covered again in this new snow. Thankfully the roads are melting it fast and not accumulating there. It is suppose to be 42 degrees for the rest of the week so it will be sloppy, slushy and hopefully OVER.
Some tend to LOVE this cold stuff....Katie couldn't wait to bury her face and make her own path in the snow and Chena came in with snow balls stuck to her belly from running and jumping in the yard...but she found her duck someplace out there...now she is happy to lay on deck!I tried to get the snowflakes as they are coming down- as they are the big, fluffy kind- pretty even if I would rather not admit that.
Pine tree in the front yard seems to be storing snow among the branches...I opened the blinds to take the pictures and left them open- it is bright and a winter wonderland in mid-April!


And that is not what mid April is suppose to be like....I am so ready for green grass, flowers and RVing!

5 comments:

  1. Ah Deb...what can I say? That's why Alaskan women are so strong, crafty and interesting. I wish I could twitch my nose and plant you on the sun porch with me tonight. We could read magazines (look at the pictures) and rock in our chairs watching the grass grow. Sure do like your new border, it suits you as mine suits me! Hang on girlfriend, it can't snow too much longer. Your dogs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Deb, I posted a comment and it didn't work! Hang in there it can't snow too much longer. Wish I could twitch my nose and plant you on my sunporch tonight looking at magazines and rocking in our chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can try some extra twitching just to see if it will work!!!!
    I will take you up on that sun porch offer in 84 days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda here is another Alaskan Blog...she writes beautifully and her description of this snowfall is worth checking out!

    http://starsfault.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mother Nature does not hate you nor anyone else...she is just reminding you (and everyone else) who really has the last weather.
    The tulips are beautiful...mine just bloomed today!

    ReplyDelete