Friday, August 6, 2010

Around Her Yard

Welcome to Denise and Jerry's. I love taking pictures here - they both have spent a lot of time and hard work making their home and landscaping so welcoming. I walked around and snapped some pictures to share...
Love the aqua blue color she painted the gate and used as accent color on the back porch....maybe one of these years I will be able to find the same kind of lawn chairs locally.

I found this to be the perfect place for sitting inside and visiting after hard day floating! Picnic out front on the circular table on afternoon. Small kitchen area and local antiques fill this pond house---didn't see a "pond-boy" though!!!!
Natalie and Denise/Jerry share a garden this year....who has the most peppers? The hedge of trees in the background hide the gas well drilling taking place on the neighbors farmland. I think about this process often and hope all is going well there.
Their picket fence greeted us as we pulled up the driveway to the garage. Wish I had a place for the same size fence around my yard- I love the heart shaped cut outs and the grey wood color.
looking toward the chicken house in back yard- birdhouses, pretty flowers, lots of lush greenery and critters tucked among the plants
peaceful testing place - view toward the pond...anyone that loves campfires and stories can gather here. The barbwire wreath on the tree stump in background----I have a close up picture of it that is "fair entry worthy"!!!!
And this is the Chicken TAJ MAHAL... no dogs allowed!

3 comments:

  1. What great pictures of Denise and Jerry's home Deb...it was beautiful there...fun to see these pics this morning...thanks Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so relaxing!!! no wonder you enjoyed it so much - I can visualize the evening fires - terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little slow at making comments, especially since I come back to look at the photos often. Does Denise have the link to this blog? Our garden has been keeping us busy...we've canned probably 100 jars and the tomatoes are just now ripening. You should hear our (Denise's) plans for next years garden...perhaps you should come the month of August to help! The pond water is even warmer in August and Brenda, there still are no waves!

    ReplyDelete