Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Christmas Layout

The second challenge was to make a layout about our favorite Christmas movie. I chose to do the line "Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store, Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!" from the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. The Nativity is the only one we have ever had-John and I bought it the first Christmas we were in Alaska, from Pay-N-Pak----remember that store?
The first picture is the one I did that evening, but I was not really satisfied with it... so I worked on it some more...picture number 2 shows the embellishments that I added... What a difference nine stars make...now I am happy with this layout!
Here is a close up of the stars, I used glitter, background papers, shimmer paints and a new technique-CRACKLE PAINT- I can't believe it took me this long to try it on chipboard ---how many years have I been buying antique pieces because of the crackle paint?? This is one technique I will be using over and over!
Sunday afternoon, John and I went down town to see the Ice Sculptures in City Square. Hope to post about before I leave for Juneau Friday evening.

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I like how it turned out, too. I still haven't done mine, but at least I have the pix now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Debbie, this turned out GREAT!!! I LOVE what the stars added to this, but they didn't take away a thing - terrific!!! oh yes - I do remember Pay-n-Pak ... miss that place! Ha!! thanks for the memories ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb...You have a LARGE amount of talent girlfriend. Is there anything you can't do? The layouts are beautiful...your amazing!!

    ReplyDelete