Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Recognize this building?

Walked across the road, down the bank and through this grass to get some pictures.....

of this old falling down building
seems to be crumbling into itself
leaning farther and farther over
We've driven by this old building for the past 30 years on the way south and I always say lets stop and take a picture before it falls down. Well on Monday we found a place to pull over and stopped for the picture. I've heard this is the remains from the earthquake in the 60's. I was able to walk right up to it- in it even - if I dared- and around most of it....it is more like petrified wood not the crackling old barn board wood like I expected. But a piece of Alaska scenery that will someday be just a pile of boards.

2 comments:

  1. Now even that picture was great. The wood does look petrified...so shiny and grey. Gee...I love your pics Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought it was at Bird Creek...what was the name of that falling down bar with all the "cards" tacked to the wall sand ceiling? Was this further south along Turnigain Arm?

    ReplyDelete