Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More Wellsboro Pictures

Anyone know the name of this plant? It's planted by the fountain on the Green and we are all stumped- never saw this type before and have no idea what it is....help???
(this picture has been re-added on another posting- deleted here by mistake)
We enjoyed a visit with Uncle Vic and Aunt Jean...she took our picture...So glad we had this chance to see them. I was able to find the Pennsylvania Game News magazine that has an article on birch oil stills. Grandpa Dee Cloos and his still in Middlebury Center is mentioned. We all remember the birch smells.



The Diner is another landmark in town. On the corner of Main Street and East Avenue- across from the church. It is a porcelain diner car made in the early 1900's and placed here in 1939. There was an outdoor market in the parking lot with melons, berries, flowers and a barefoot salesman...(my kinda foot wear!)
The Penn Wells Hotel has always been on Main Street...looks the same-charming and vintage- Love the gaslights
Went to The Green at Dusk....pictures are so-so but I still LOVE this place. I try to get a souvenir of "Wynken, Blynken and Nod" every time I am in Wellsboro -
Dorothy and I had lunch at The Native Bagel so Lizz could be our waitress. Another day Diana, Brenda, Dorothy and I had ice cream sundaes and still another day Natalie, Lizz, Diana, Brenda and me had lunch at Timeless Destinations before we shopped at The Farmer's Daughters, Shabby Rue and the Antique Station. Think Wellsboro was a hit!

1 comment:

  1. I read and love your posts about our vacation...even the statue of Whyken...and the mystery plant! So many memories to store away and recall when needed. Keep it up Deb....

    ReplyDelete